August 21, 2018, 02:06:25
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: The Official PEG Forum closed on Monday 25th July 2005, indefinitely ... this independent and unofficial PEG Forum
began 11th August 2005 after an interim experiment!
Please register - it's FREE and, you'll SEE much more!
15th March 2008 - Commercial Sales category added -
Low cost :: No commission :: Links to your website

Patrick Eggle Guitars Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
DLX / Re: BDL 5 93 1844
« Last post by RevMatt on Yesterday at 21:19:39 »
Lovely and just a little tempting...
DLX / Re: BDL 5 93 1844
« Last post by Ziltoid on Yesterday at 20:49:05 »
After some delibaration I came to the conclusion that I might be willing to let this one go.
Price would be 800GBP + shipping (around 20GBP to UK).
This in order for me to break even.

Gonna advertise this elsewhere as well at a higher price.
Broadway / Re: May I introduce: NY Broadway 7328 makes it a NY TRIO
« Last post by Wolfen on Yesterday at 19:02:49 »
Here´s what changed soundwise:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Bridge PU ebfore the change, 0:27 PRS Vintage Bass in bridge pos, 0:58  PRS Vintage bass in split mode, 1:11 middle position (out of phase) with Nowaxx mini underwound, finishing off with the Nowaxx (1:16) into final PRS VB chord. The additional positions are available because I replaced the original 3 way blade switch with a Schaller M-switch.

...and here comes the PRS Vintage Bass bridge pu in a band context:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

The sound sample was recorded with an Evil Robot 214X "clean" amp, the band recording has a Tubescreamer added to the chain,
Eggles / Re: New York Celebration, 1997, serial no. 9345
« Last post by RevMatt on August 19, 2018, 22:04:54 »
Attracted 1 bid selling for £350
« Last post by RevMatt on August 19, 2018, 20:05:12 »
That sounds like a very productive upgrade.

I really like the PRS pickups I've tried so your use of  the VB in the bridge is interesting.
« Last post by Wolfen on August 19, 2018, 18:23:36 »
UPDATE: The swap has been done this weekend. The neck pu was replaced by a pretty unique mini humbucker.  It is  Nowaxx underwound mini, providing a nice sparkle and crisp sound while maintaining enought base. I had no go-to bridge pu around, and after measuring the PRS Vintage Bass resistance at DC 8.7kOhm, I decided to give it a try and put it in the bridge position. For cosmetic reasons, I covered it with an open slug vintagy metal cover that I had lying around. Again, the PRS "neck" pickup does an amazing PAF-type job in the bridge position. What did I learn: Experimentation rather than following the manufacturers advise brings sometimes great, yet surprising results!   

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Eggles / Berlin Pro, 1992, serial no. M92000495BP (I think)
« Last post by RevMatt on August 19, 2018, 17:56:59 »
Item no. 123319255482
Seller: sherpa_man
BIN Price: £1050 or best offer

Description:
Patrick Eggle Berlin Pro

Comes with the original case, trem and strap

Few marks here and there

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last post by Wolfen on August 16, 2018, 06:47:01 »
Question:

I have received a mini humbucker for the planned replacement. The pu is Gibson Firebird or LP Deluxe size. I am surprised to see that the Broadway´s neck mini humbucker is of a slightly larger size, and that the mounting latches are app 9mm wider apart from each other. Was the Broadway´s neck position made of a completely unique size rather than utilizing the mini humbucker standard? 
Eggles / New York Celebration, 1997, serial no. 9345
« Last post by RevMatt on August 13, 2018, 17:28:25 »
Item no. 273403957874
Seller: davidchrisprice
Listing ends: 19 Aug, 2018 21:45:12
Start price: £350 (or BIN £600)

Description:
PATRICK EGGLE NEW YORK CELEBRATION (1997)

Serial number: 9345

I bought this rare British-made guitar from Cranes Music in Cardiff in 1997, and it has been well-loved since. I recently had a complete set up done by luthier Omri Schitrit at Folkies Music in Kilburn (see the receipt in the photos), so the guitar is in perfect playing condition. Very low action, no fret buzz, and the electrics are noise-free. It's currently strung with 10 - 46 strings. A hard 'Just-In-Case' case is included. The guitar stand is not included.

Patrick Eggle guitars have a reputation for fantastic build quality and playability, and this model does not disappoint. This is a very resonant guitar, helped by the through-body string anchoring and fixed bridge. The bridge is adjustable separately for the B and G strings, and the intonation is perfect. This guitar has wonderful tuning stability - with the New York’s mycarta nut and Sperzel non-locking machineheads, the tuning on this guitar is as good as it gets. As you would expect for a 21-year-old guitar it is a little road-worn, and there are some dinks and slight chips to the paintwork, but it still looks and plays great.

It's a rare, beautiful and sweet-sounding guitar - apparently only 30 of these were ever made. I'll be very sad to see it go!

Collection only (from near Alexandra Palace in North London)

SPECIFICATIONS:

Body: Tulip wood, double cutaway
Neck: Maple, 22 fret, bolt-on, natural
Fingerboard: Rosewood with abalone dot inlays
Headstock: Natural
Nut: Mycarta
Pickups: Kent Armstrong designed ceramic single-coil (x2), humbucker
Electronics: Volume, tone, five-way PU selector switch
Bridge: Eggle fixed bridge with through-body anchor ferrules
Machineheads: Sperzel non-locking
Colour: Metallic Blue
Case: 'Just-In-Case' hard case

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
Los Angeles / Re: LA standard 94 Pro 's Plus
« Last post by tone256 on August 11, 2018, 15:32:07 »
Welcome to the Forum, Jerome, and sorry it's taken so long for someone to reply.

Click here for the 1993/94 catalogue, here for the 1994/95 catalogue and here for prices.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright © 2005-2018. Patrick Eggle Guitars – The Legendary Years (90s). All Rights Reserved.
Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Page created in 0.296 seconds with 27 queries.