April 20, 2018, 09:51:40
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: The Official PEG Forum closed on Monday 25th July 2005, indefinitely ... this independent and unofficial PEG Forum
began 11th August 2005 after an interim experiment!
Please register - it's FREE and, you'll SEE much more!
15th March 2008 - Commercial Sales category added -
Low cost :: No commission :: Links to your website

Patrick Eggle Guitars Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
DLX / Re: DLX Pickups
« Last post by Gadge on April 16, 2018, 09:58:28 »
Simon, as Matt suggested, the best way to check is to remove the pickups both SDs and KAs model types normally have identification labels on the underside.

From the outside only, have a look at these pics which show the visual cues of the differences.
« Last post by Simon on April 16, 2018, 08:43:46 »
Ah perfect.  Thanks Matt.   Looks like I have Seymour Duncans so.  Thanks for the replies.
« Last post by RevMatt on April 16, 2018, 06:58:45 »
Just to clarify, all standard DLXs have 2 leaves at fret 12, it's the number of dots at fret 24 that may vary.
« Last post by Simon on April 15, 2018, 22:17:07 »
Thanks for the speedy reply.  Yeah, mine has the 2 leaves on the 12th fret so I guess they are Kents.  Would anyone have any more info on the model of pickup ?  Thanks again.
« Last post by RevMatt on April 15, 2018, 22:08:58 »
The best way to be sure would be to remove the pups and have a look,  but generally the pickups changed from Seymour Duncan to Kent Armstrong mid 1992.

If you have a Berlin DLX,  with 2 dots at the 24th fret and a volute behind the nut,  chances are you have Kent Armstrongs.  If you have a Berlin Deluxe, with 1 dot at the 24th fret and no volute carved into the neck,  then you probably have Seymour Duncans.

The model of SD pickups used does vary but I've seen pairs of 59s used on early models.
DLX / DLX Pickups
« Last post by Simon on April 15, 2018, 21:40:55 »
Hi there, I always thought that the DLX had Seymour Duncan pickups.  I have a 1992 one but I saw a post with a chart that said they are eggle stock pickups?  Would anyone have any specific information about exactly what pickups are in the DLX?   Many thanks
Eggles / Berlin Pro V, circa 1997, serial no. 9199
« Last post by RevMatt on April 15, 2018, 20:07:43 »
Item no. 152984194629
Seller: spiver
Listing ends: 15 May, 2018 09:17:11
BIN Price: 850

Description:
1997 Patrick James Eggle Berlin Pro V. A fine example with a satin flame maple top and mahogany body.
Seymour Duncan coil tapped humbuckers, Wilkinson locking tremolo and Sperzel locking tuners.
The guitar is in excellent condition and has been well looked after.
Original Hiscox hard case included.

Cash on collection only please.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

This one looks familiar, but without a serial no. I'm not sure if I can find it on here... does it ring any bells for anyone else?

Edit: Here it is...
Anniversary / Re: New York Anniversary NY 92 100A
« Last post by tone256 on April 15, 2018, 09:29:17 »
RevMatt, it's hard to work out if all your forum actions are intended as positively forum-centric, or just slightly malicious ....
For the record, and (unlike you, Mike) as someone who has known Matt for more years than either of us would like to admit, I can assure you it is unequivocally the former.
« Last post by MikeS on April 14, 2018, 20:43:53 »
I thank you for that, It was very well put, and I agree, your posts are a fantastic resource, and long may they continue.
« Last post by RevMatt on April 14, 2018, 20:41:03 »
My role,  as moderator on the 'Eggles on eBay' section of the forum,  is to document the details of eBay listings.  This is useful for a variety of reasons as:
a)  it adds to the history of PEG,  almost creating a bit of a log of different guitars and identifying anomolies and interesting features
b)  it provides a place where prospective buyers can ask questions and find out about guitars they're interested in - given the limited info available for this small company the forum is a place where many people come to find out more
c)  it gives an indication of current trends in pricing - useful for both buyers and sellers

I'm pleased to hear that this has the potential to be influential.

For my part,  I try to stick to documenting the facts,  sometimes adding my own observation where there are discrepancies or interesting features that may not be obvious to all.  I also link to guitars' previous history as this helps to add to the story. 

Having re-read the thread on 022, I have simply linked to information that was readily available on eBay,  I have not passed any kind of judgement,  criticism or recommendations.  For what it's worth,  having owned more than a few PEGs, I fully understand that sometimes guitars come and go,  and when selling on, it's perfectly reasonable to factor in fees and changing market trends. 

I wish you well with the sale of 022, and if I had the cash I may well be making enquiries myself.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Copyright 2005-2018. Patrick Eggle Guitars – The Legendary Years (90s). All Rights Reserved.
Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.3 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.