March 19, 2024, 11:52:40
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News: The Official PEG Forum closed on Monday 25th July 2005, indefinitely ... this independent and unofficial PEG Forum
began 11th August 2005 after an interim experiment!
Please register - it's FREE and, you'll SEE much more!
15th March 2008 - Commercial Sales category added -
Low cost :: No commission :: Links to your website

Patrick Eggle Guitars Forum

collapse collapse

* Forgotten Passwords and Changed Email Addresses

If you have forgotten your password and your email address has changed since your last successful login, there is NO POINT in making a 'forgotten password' request as the email that would be sent to you would be undeliverable. Instead write an email of explanation to the forum mailbox: forum [at] patrickeggleguitars [dot] org

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 112
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Board Stats

• stats Total Members: 3101
  • stats Total Posts: 30436
  • stats Total Topics: 4289
  • stats Total Categories: 4
  • stats Total Boards: 101
  • stats Most Online: 328

* Search

* Gallery

View or submit your guitar pictures HERE

* PEG Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • AlBeck: Does anyone know what the bog standard values are for caps and pots on a ‘84 Berlin Stage
    August 06, 2020, 16:47:43
  • Tom Corfield: serial nuber
    December 28, 2019, 10:22:41
  • JKingsbury: Unfinished
    November 19, 2019, 15:08:50
  • AlBeck: Hi I’m looking for a PEG hard case for a Berlin Stage.
    June 16, 2019, 12:38:41
  • Jimax: Hi ive tried to post a thread but it said in not allowed to post can anyone advise?
    June 18, 2018, 17:55:13
  • Hot Rods: Hi I'm trying to post a question and its not appearing on the site.. Whats up?
    January 19, 2017, 21:59:08
  • Hot Rods: Hi I'm post
    January 19, 2017, 21:58:25
  • wclampit: I believe the BP serial number was a one off guitar made for teh 1994 Birmingham Music Exhibition and it was signed by PE & DiMarzio
    January 19, 2017, 17:56:36
  • wclampit: Can anyone advise me how i check the serial numbers
    January 19, 2017, 17:55:15
  • wclampit: i also have a New York Standard serial No NY92 235
    January 19, 2017, 17:54:33
  • wclampit: I have a BP serial number BP 1-94 2280
    January 19, 2017, 17:52:54
  • wclampit: how do i post and add
    January 19, 2017, 17:35:27
  • wclampit: how do i check a serial number
    January 19, 2017, 17:35:04
  • Hot Rods: I've tried to post a new topic but it doesn't seem to have worked am I doing something wrong??
    January 18, 2017, 16:56:22
  • jpharlin: sorry I thought this was a search bar ha
    December 15, 2016, 15:21:08
  • jpharlin: wilkinson trem
    December 15, 2016, 15:20:14
  • leachy7: Hi. I'm new to Eggle and have a   guitar serial  No.    NS 6-94  6013.  It's a New York. In great condition. Cheers
    May 08, 2016, 11:10:06
  • mikadokid: fret wire type used on the LA pro 2?
    February 02, 2016, 12:16:05
  • RevMatt: Apologies Leftieluke, you've already done that!
    December 01, 2015, 22:16:12
  • RevMatt: Leftieluke - congrats on your new Berlin - I suggest you start a thread in the Berlin sub category and inclde some pictures and we can have a drool and tell you ht you'd like to know...
    December 01, 2015, 21:40:39

"The Legendary Years (90s) - An Independent & Unofficial Forum"

...is a resource celebrating some of the finest examples of British Guitar Luthiery bearing the name "Patrick Eggle" — specifically those guitars made between 1991 and 2000 under the various ownerships that began with luthier Patrick Eggle and entrepreneur Andrew Selby forming a new British company, Patrick Eggle Guitars, to make superlative quality electric guitars and ended with the sale/closure of the company in 2000, when PEG owner Dave Quill sold his Musical Exchanges business to Sound Control.

This forum is "independent and unofficial" in the context that it has no affiliation to the guitars made by the current owners of the company "Patrick Eggle Limited" (Gordon Tilley & family) — if you own a "PatrickEggle" made after 2001 and have a warranty issue or question you should contact them directly. Similarly, this forum has no direct connection with the company "Patrick James Eggle Guitars Limited" (Patrick himself), but you will find occasional topics regarding both ...

With that disclaimer out of the way, here's a synopsis of this forum's history:

• The Official PEG Forum (run by the Tilley family) began in around 2002 and gained a membership of ~250 during its existence, but due to a variety of reasons it was closed on Monday 25th July 2005 — fortunately its demise was anticipated by its forum moderator (this website's owner), who had contacted most of the active members and set up a mailing list to discuss a plan to continue ...
  • This independent and unofficial PEG Forum began 11th August 2005 after an interim experiment (on a different domain), following a period of email discussions. Clearly, with no data being available from the official forum database, only cached pages from Google, it was necessary to start from scratch! Fortunately this site's owner has his own web servers and the skills/knowledge to develop web content quickly!
  • "The Legendary Years (90s)" has been running successfully ever since and has gained a membership of ~2700 (December 2018), with a significant core of regulars, many of whom are long-term owners of multiple examples of the guitars that are celebrated here.

* Recent Topics

Gadge
January 09, 2011, 08:22:49 by Gadge
Views: 8528 | Comments: 0

8th January 2011

EMAIL ADDRESS EXCLUSIONS: An increasing number of users of anonymous free email services have become a source of trouble for this forum, so the owner has decided to bar the acceptance of HOTMAIL/OUTLOOK, YAHOO and GMAIL/GOOGLEMAIL email addresses for registration, until further notice. This will be under continuous review and others may be added ...

If you only use such a service and have no other email address, but wish to discuss your particular case for joining, you are very welcome to write to:
forum AT patrickeggleguitars DOT org

REGISTRATION BY PROXY SERVER CONNECTION: This is no longer permissible. Unfortunately this may affect some applicants using an intranet (school connections, business networks), registering on a cell phone, or using a browser that does not support compression or does not accept encoding — sorry! Please email (as above) – the administrator(s) can register accounts manually if you would like to join. Please include your choice of username and, if not already assigned to someone else, this will help speed your acceptance ...
Gadge
August 31, 2005, 21:34:16 by Gadge
Views: 1153 | Comments: 0

If you're disappointed that you have virtually no access to the interesting areas of this forum, i.e. the topics, please consider that registration is a minor inconvenience and you will benefit greatly from taking that small step.

What are you missing by not registering? Not only is there a comprehensive collection of reference information (brochures, catalogs, news and magazine articles) relating directly to Patrick Eggle Guitars, there are message boards for General Discussion (music-related and non-music), as well as boards for active auctions (on eBay etc), private sales/swap/wanted ads and a Calendar for date-related events of interest to musicians.

Of course there are also boards covering just about every model or variation made during "The Legendary Years (90s)" including Berlin, New York, Los Angeles, Vienna, Boston, Stratford, Milan and Tony Iommi Signature models.

There's opportunities to ask or answer questions to/from other enthusiasts; post details of your own PEG instruments including pictures or message attachments; communicate publicly or privately with other members; very little in the way of posting restrictions regarding content as long as you abide by the rules of common decency and courtesy.

Please register ...
Gadge
August 11, 2005, 03:55:34 by Gadge
Views: 1641 | Comments: 0

I'm glad you managed to find us here!

If you were a member of the offiicial Patrick Eggle Guitars Forum before it closed down on 25th July 2005, you will be familiar with some of the members here but not the new look and feel of this particular forum software — I'm confident you will find it a great improvement, not only ergonomically, but there's much more freedom about what may be discussed. Apart from the usual rules that you read and agreed to abide by when you registered, there's no restrictions!

If you're new here, I trust you'll find this a useful resource of information regarding all Eggles made in the 90s — one thing that's important to impart from the outset:

I was told by previous PEG managers that all manufacturing records that were meticulously maintained and held by the various owners of Patrick Eggle Guitars during the 90s were destroyed during the period of ownership by Musical Exchanges, after the move from the original factory at Bodmin Road, Coventry to Water Street in Central Birmingham, sometime around 97/98. It matters not whether their destruction was deliberate or not, but the physical T-card system was dumped in a skip and in a separate incident, the computer-held database was trashed during a software upgrade! [Edit 2019] HOWEVER, it has become evident over the last few years that the current owners hold some manufacturing records, the extent of which is unknown!

So, we have no written records to refer to other than a few scraps — instead we have a collection of enthusiasts who have been building a jigsaw puzzle through collaboration and discussion, members of a forum that no longer exists because the plug was pulled without warning on 25th July 2005! Yet again there's been a loss of considerable information because all of the data and discussion by the members of the official forum has been withdrawn from the public domain.

We hope you will join in with this new project to rebuild a very useful resource ...
Pages: [1]

* Busiest Boards

* ROQSOLID Covers

Amp, Cab & Music Equipment Covers & Bags Available Here

* Calendar

March 2024
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Top Posters

RevMatt RevMatt
6229 Posts
Gadge Gadge
3760 Posts
tone256 tone256
2917 Posts
Wolfen Wolfen
1168 Posts
Ziltoid Ziltoid
838 Posts

* Forum Staff

Gadge admin Gadge
Owner/Administrator
admin admin
Owner/Administrator
steve92NYplus gmod steve92NYplus
Global Moderator
tone256 gmod tone256
Global Moderator
RevMatt lmod RevMatt
Senior Member MVP
Wolfen lmod Wolfen
Senior Member MVP
Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 
Copyright © 2005-2023. Patrick Eggle Guitars – The Legendary Years (90s). All Rights Reserved.
Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 26 queries.